[vc_row][vc_column][ultimate_spacer height=”20″][dt_fancy_title title=”How to Increase Empathy in the Digital Era” title_align=”left” title_size=”h1″ title_color=”title” separator_style=”disabled”][vc_column_text]These apps and websites make it easy to spread positivity online.[/vc_column_text][ultimate_spacer height=”20″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
- Humans of New York: This app showcases a catalogue of photos along with the stories behind New York City inhabitants with the intent of raising a greater sense of empathy.
- Soul Pancake: Watch inspiring, hilarious videos where people talk about stuff that really matters, such as spirituality, religion, death, love, life’s purpose and creativity.
- Seize Your Moments: Peruse 10,000 beautiful “moments” collected from strangers by Dutch activist and world traveler Janne Willems, who uses art to inspire a global movement of trust, kindness and happiness.
- The Good Cards: This real-life game combined with an app was created to inspire people to spread happiness, one act of kindness at a time.
- BrainPop: Explore a suite of videos, lessons and games—all focused on teaching digital etiquette online.
- Random App of Kindness (RAKi): This app was designed to increase empathy in teens using scientifically backed, interactive games.
- Common Sense Media: Browse an entire search engine of curated apps and games designed to teach empathy, divided into age-specific categories.
Apps and websites such as these remind us that technology can be a magnifier, a force for positive change—but only if we choose to make that happen. The same technology that is used for bullying can now be used to lend a helping hand or a listening ear. For all the distractions, dangers and frustrations that current technologies bring into our lives, they can also be used for our highest purposes. This is the future of happiness, and it’s up to us to create it.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”4523″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]